Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Does Jim Carrey hate Christmas?

Does Jim Carrey hate Christmas?

While at work, a fellow co-worker (Brett) mentioned the strange connection between two of Jim Carrey’s seasonal movies. Brett said, “He must really hate Christmas.” And, I really never thought about it, but Jim Carrey has played two of the most iconic Christmas haters in the world. He’s played Ebenezer Scrooge and The Grinch.

(How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Christmas Carol)

One has to wonder if there is a deep seeded hatred for the fat man in the red suit. I’m sure some studio guy said, “Well, he did play the Grinch 9 years ago. He’d be prefect for Scrooge.”

Is hating Christmas really something Carrey wants to be known for?

At some point Ebenezer and the Grinch will have to team up and create the ultimate alliance. Looking at the Grinch, I have to wonder if Dr. Seuss used Scrooge an influence. The Grinch has the same changed outlook on life toward the end of the story.

I’d like to also mention that I’ve been called both a Grinch and a Scrooge. I must be such a joy to be around. I’m not sure I’m more Grinch or Scrooge.

Ghost of Hollywood Future: "Yes, Jim Carrey, I see a future where you will star in Ace Ventura III: Ace meets the Mask. You know this to be true.”

Jim Carrey: “NOOOO, that’s not possible. Nooo!!”

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47