Sunday, November 29, 2009

Changing my stance on Miley Cyrus...

Changing my stance on Miley Cyrus...

I used to view Cyrus as no more than a prepackaged Disney product that only the masses of little girls found interesting. I never really gave her much thought and simply overlooked her as an entertainer. Now, she has my complete and utter support.

She hates Twilight and doesn't understand the appeal.

From MB.com,

(("I don't believe in it," said Miley in an interview.. "I don't like vampires. I don't like the wolf that pops out of the screen when I'm watching my TV at night. I don't like it. I don't want anything to do with it. I don't like the shirts. I don't like any of it." ))

I like vampires, but not emo ones that sparkle. Tell us how you really feel about the Twilight fans, Miley.

((“I think it’s a cult. I think it’s bad. I think it’s, like, just people get too [much] into it. I feel really lame because everyone is so excited and I’m like, ‘Don’t even talk about it,’” she blurted. ))

Great, she just compared Twilight fans to Scientology followers. I think it is a ballsy move because her fan-base is the same base that watches and reads the Twilight series. Part of me wonders if this is a measured move on her part to distance herself from the teen audience.

She probably does have point in that Twilight Fans will go after anyone that makes fun of their franchise in the same way the Scientology folks use the Fair Game doctrine. Is there really a connection there?

I never thought I'd say this, but, Miley, you're my hero. At least for today...

5 comments:

MC said...

Speaking of Scientology, Ugly Betty had a multi-episode arc that really went after them by another name.

PJ said...

Did you hear about the nutter who threatened to eat her own cat if Miley Cyrus didn't start tweeting again by a certain date, and then apparently ate it when the deadline passed?

Semaj said...

MC: Which season was this story arc in. Was it recent episodes? I'm surprised they even did that considering how the space church black list people. I'll check it out on Hulu if it is recent.


PJ: Really? I had no idea her fans were that nutty. I guess she does understand the craziness of fandom. That's just disturbing.

MC said...

The most recent episodes with Jamie Lynn Sigler.

Semaj said...

Jamie Lynn Sigler alone will get me to watch the episodes

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47