Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Twlight II makes a lot of money.

You would think a vampire that’s been around for a long time would understand how to fix his damn hair in non-D-bag manner.
______________________________

Twlight II makes a lot of money.

$72.7 million...has the world lost it? I'm done with this planet.

I wrote this statement on my facebook when I noticed the box office returns for the opening day to the Twilight: New Moon movie. I was bit angry with that, but someone from Film School Reject radio mentioned that this was essentially the female version of Transformers II Revenge of the Fallen. I realized it doesn’t matter what I think, because the unwashed masses will see it anyway. And, at this point, it really doesn’t matter because the damn movie has made $153 million.

The person I really feel bad for because of this sequel’s success is director Catherine Hardwicke. She was the director of the first movie (Twilight) and pretty much even the most hardcore fans hated the movie. (Yet, they made it a success.) I would hear how much they hated the movie but still loved the books.

Summit Entertainment I guess took this as a sign to fire her, so they did. The best part of this story is that the studio fired her from making the sequels when she was doing promotion for her first Twilight movie. That’s messed up.

Now, Chris Weitz has come in to fill the director’s seat and he gotten far better praise than Catherine Hardwicke. Even people that hated New Moon have stated, “Well, it’s better than the first movie.” Poor Hardwicke…

I guess I could go on about the extreme nature of many Twilight fans I’ve encountered over the years, but I’ll just mention a certain flame war that went on Facebook when a woman remarked how stupid the series was and the twilight fan ripped into the Twilight hater.

Edward Cullen: “Hey, you’re off in a rush. Don’t you want to sit down and watch me sparkle and glitter for a hour?”

Bella Swan: “Whatever! I’m trying to get home to watch True Blood.”

Edward Cullen: “F’ you, Bella. Stop rubbing in the fact it is a better written series.”

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47