Thursday, November 19, 2009

That New Reebok Commercial (Easy Tone)

That New Reebok Commercial (Easy Tone)

You tell me why I really enjoy this commercial. While watching Glee on Hulu, this ad came up. I did something I thought I’d ever do for an ad; I paused it and restarted it…twice.

“Better legs and a better with every step,” says the commercial. At two points, the cameraman scrolls down on the woman’s butt and lingers. Any shoe company that is willing to do that has my vote, and thank goodness there isn’t a dud version of this add. Maybe because I am a dude, I’d like to see more of these ads.

I've been looking everywhere to find out who the woman is in this video. She is obviously an athlete of some kind, because her body looks like a runner's body.

So, now people are talking about this ad because of its “butt” focus. People have to remember this is what Reebok wants. The more “sexism” controversy they can drum up, the more free press they get, and more market share they can gain. (Reebok: Take that Nike.)

And, if you think the first ad is sexist, don't go to the official web site. The first thing you'll read there is this

((88% of men are speechless.
76% of women jealous.
EasyTone helps you get better legs
and a better butt with every single step. ))

Then you get the view of the Easy Tone shoes covering a naked woman's crotch area! Plus, there is an ad on the site where a woman’s boobs start talking to each other about being jealous of the attention the women’s butt is receiving! Yes, there are talking boobs in the ad…

Here’s a review on the “butt” shoes.

I kind of like the designs, but I'm not a shoe guy.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47