Sunday, November 08, 2009

Jem and the Holograms: Another 80s series getting a live action movie?

Jem and the Holograms: Another 80s series getting a live action movie?

When I first heard the news, I wasn't too thrilled with the news. I think I've changed my mind on a live action movie simply because basically every teeny-bopper musical movie that has come out this decade has been a cheap knockoff of Jem. (Wiki page)

Jem and the Holograms was a TV created by Sunbow Productions and Hasbro, the same people that created the Transformers and GI Joe cartoon shows. While the show was aimed at young girls, Jem shared the same universe as GI Joe and Transformers. I'm not making this up. The reason why they're in the same universe is because of the character of Hector Ramirez, a Geraldo Rivera knockoff. Hector Ramirez shows up not only in Transformers and GI Joe, but also on Jem. (Here's Hector's first appearance in GI JOE.)

If the cast and written right, Jem movie could work. Count me in.

3 comments:

Mayren said...

nuuuuuu waaayyy! i love the idea of Jem but i'm sad cause i think they will do a crappy job.

Mayren said...

forgot to add... why can't they just give us hella cool animated remake?

Semaj said...

They probably should, add 3 million and get a top-notch Japanese animated studio. Get some of the voice cast back and make it. I agree

But, live action is so hot right now and branding this for a new generation (the Disney girl crowd) will keep it live action.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47