Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Judge Dredd: The movie

The Nostalgia Critic takes on Judge Dredd:

“I am da LAW!”

I remember watching this shitty movie in the theater. I almost walked out of the theater. However, I sat through it. Looking back at it, it is even worst than it seemed back in 1995.

-The history behind the scenes is also noteworthy, because the Sylvester Stallone had too much power on the set. Many people truly hated working with him on this movie. I remember reading about this in an EW or some other magazine.

-For a R-rated movie, the violence is very muted. Looking through the trivia page, it appears that the movie was always intended to be PG-13, but the rating board wanted the movie re-cut. In the end, the studio left the R-rating. So, we get a mild R-rated movie.

- Rob Schneider: Yes, Schneider was extremely bad in the movie. The only thing funny about his character was when he riffed on Stallone.

-Armand Assante: Yeah, he’s the main villain, but he overacts so much that it comes across as being overly cheesy. Did he just drink nothing but Red Bull?

- Joan Chen: I’ve always had a huge crush on this chick, but her character isn’t given much to do here. Chen is currently in mostly Chinese films now. Do you remember that scene with Anne Heche and Joan Chen in Wild Side? I certainly do.

- Alan Silvestri’s score is pretty amazing. It is shame the movie couldn’t live up to that.

"Is he really the law?"

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Sly was dressed like a BUICK for this film! He also walked like one! There were some awkward moments here & I agree with you about Assante's over-acting. I think Diane Lane did some of that, too. BUT IT'S A SLY FILM so I gotta go with it!

Semaj said...

It look like he took apart a car and started to wear the car parts. Diane Lane looks amazing, but you're right.

I'v noticed you're a sly fan too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47