Thursday, November 17, 2005

Play must go on? Part 2 (the end)

So anyway, we got back inside. And, the play started where we left off. The acting teacher entered the room, and noticed that more than half the audience has left the play. I thought this was kind of rude, and ghetto. Remember, we still had like 30 mins left.

So the play resumed with its audience greatly reduced, and that when it got weird. One of the black male actors came walking out in front of the stage shirt-less and blindfolded.

My first thought was, What the hell? However, my second thought was, what the hell?

Then, the rest of the acting group took the blindfold, half-naked guy over to a small couch.

Third thought, what the hell?

Did I walk into a gay play? Well it gets worst keep reading.

That was when a white actor appeared from behind the stage with his shirt off… He wasn’t blind folded, good for him, I guess. One thing led to another, and they kissed each other and hugged bare-chested, for a long time. Huh? (Note: this is a Greek play.)

Now, I am more liberal than conservative and I support many gay rights, but this was more than a little weird. I shifted in my seat, thinking about how long the scene was going to last. Now, I watched the prison show Oz so I’ve seen my fair share of gay stuff, but this was live and in person. A fellow student, female, squirmed in her chair, as the two embraced. The stage very slowly faded to black.

Why couldn’t they simply have had two women kissing and hugging?

(No, and I won’t see RENT.) I felt so freaked out that I forgot what the rest of the play was about.

I need to take a shower.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Whatever happened to showing "Romeo and Juliet" anymore?

I'm wondering which of Ovid's Metamorphoses this was supposed to be.

Semaj said...

I know I miss those kind of plays.

I wish I knew which Metamorphoses play it was. I know it had King Minus

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47