Monday, November 21, 2005

Gary Devon, my teacher



Gary Devon is my writing teacher, writing coach. He’s written at least four books, and also teaches English at UofL, JCTC, and IU. I’ve learned a great deal about story telling from him. If you ever get a chance, try to find some of his books; they’re well written, and very entertaining.
________________________

Here are some reader reviews of the book Bad Desire. I read this one.

((Bad Desire" is one of the best page-turners I've ever read. Henry Slater will do almost everything can to win the love of Shiela, a beautiful 17-year old girl. After their affair begins, Slater's wife finds out about the affair and "befriends" Shiela, and this is the beginning of the end which is one of the best to come along in the thriller genre in years. The ending reminded me of true Alfred Hitchcock. I quite simply could not put this book down. The only thing that puzzles me is why this excellent author has not written more books.))

((I have read many books, but "Bad Desire," was hands down the BEST thriller I have EVER read in 20 years. I could not put this book down, and I was afraid to turn out the lights after reading it. My heart was racing even after the book ended. I cannot say enough to recommend this book. You will not be able to put it down. I was not as happy with "Wedding Night," the other book by Gary Devon, but "Bad Desire," is a book that you will not be able to put down. The things that the Mayor does to cover up his affair with Sheila will have you on the edge of your seat!))

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47