Sunday, November 18, 2007

Last Of The Mohicans: Clannad-I Will Find You

I will find you

This impressive song was in fact in the theater version of The Last of the Mohicans. I thought it worked really well in the context of the film. Plus, the actual main theme from the score is present within the main notes of this song. (Like what the older Bond films used to do.)

Clannad does a wonderful job mixing Native American chants within the song and using some Cherokee words as well.

When Michael Mann created his Director’s cut of the film, he removed the song from the movie. He even went as far as re-editing the sequence that the song was included in. I always wonder if Mann was forced to put the song in the film, or did he simply change his mind about the song? (I freaked out when I noticed the song was removed from the DVD version.)

You can still see the theater version with the Clannad song on cable, but not in the DVD release.

Here are the lyrics to the song with some of the Cherokee words.

For some reason the 2000 re-release didn't include this song either.

Was it a legal issue? Did Michael Mann just hate the song?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47