Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Random Bits

Just another day at work for Mr. Gibson.

Gibson: “You know I directed Braveheart, right?”

Random Bits

~Wow, people really hate Mel Gibson. I never really liked the guy after he started to lose his mind. However his last movie kicked major ass, and I wanted to hate it. Sure, he's a jerk, but man you don't have to boo him. Check out Apocalypto

~So, Avril Lavigne has an anti-Perez Hilton web site. I really don't know what to make of this. On one hand, I don't like Avril's music (it is damn catchy though). On the other hand, I hate Perez Hilton too, not as much as Rosie or Bill O'. Could they be working together for this beef?

~WTF? You would never see this ad here in the states. Then again would you want to? It has a bunch of CGI furries dancing and doing other disturbing things. I'll take those lovable Coke polar bears over those drunk and sexed up CGI furries. Definition of furries

~A very strange Michael Jackson mashup with his own songs. Somehow, it works. He remixes the Youtube videos into the mix too. Pretty good video. BTW, I am still looking for that extended cut of the 'Beat It' video.

4 comments:

Ammaro said...

i actually like mel... i never got a chance to watch apocalypto yet although i was dying to when it first came out... slipped my mind i guess... will do so soon

Semaj said...

It is a great film. It's a little violent, but a very good film. I think the bad press from Mel hurt the film's box office return.

PJ said...

I really enjoyed Apocalypto too, though I do think that he needs some sense knocked into him...

That MJ mashup vid was pretty good; I've seen some similar vids recently. I haven't seen the full Beat It vid since the 80s, so I hope that you find it and share it here.

Semaj said...

I've noticed Mel isnt listed as a director for anything else. You have to wonder if the powers have tried to hold him back.

I remember watching the full version years ago on VH1 and it hasn't surfaced since. It felt like a short film.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47