Monday, November 05, 2007

Butterfly (that annoying but addicting DDR song)

Smile.dk Addiction
Butterfly (that annoying but addicting DDR song)

Not that I am a good Dance Dance Revolution dude, but this song always stood out for me. In a strange metro-sexual way, I dig this stupid song. Somehow, these attractive bouncing ladies have taken my very soul. The group is called Smile.dk, and they’re Swedish not Japanese. While certainly attractive, they are a cross between every fast dancing techno group that came out in 90s and the Spice Girls.

In many ways, DDR put these bubblegum girls on the map.

The Butterfly video: With the video being made in the late 90s, I can almost forgive the VR Toopers FX effects, but I just don’t ‘get’ the concept of the video. For some reason they are in a field, and they’re looking for Japanese men. However, they seemed to keep running into young boys. (WTF?) By the way, we now know how those crop circles appeared in cornfields.

Plus, you have to love the fake running in place behind a green screen. Then, they discover their ‘true loves’, at least for that one night.

Is it just me, or do these girls look Asian in this video? (They’re not.)

Video Grade: C+

Song Grade: B-

Anyway here are the confusing lyrics to the song.

With complex lyrics like these,

Someone who is strong

But still a little shy

Yes I need, I need my samurai

There is nothing else to figure out, they want the Thing from Fantastic Four.

Where's my samurai?

Note: Not to be confused with Crazy Town - Butterfly or Mariah Carey-Butterfly songs. Now, I want some DJ to mix all three songs together for one Major Butterfly Mega-Mix.

Yes, they have a Myspace

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47