Saturday, November 17, 2007

First Sunday

First Sunday (another Ice Cube movie)

Comment: I'm not sure why the promotional people needed to relate this film to the Friday series. As far as I know, this has nothing to do with the Friday series. This movie just smells of crap. I still like Ice Cube, but this is not a step up from XXX2.

While I think Katt Williams does a great job on the Boondocks, I'm not a fan of his stand up and not looking forward to his role here. Ice Cube can be a good actor when he wants to be, but he needs to stop making bad comedies. Look, I know they pay well, but this can't be good in the long run.

He's had some good movies too, Friday, Higher Learning, Three Kings, Barbershop, and Boyz n the Hood. However, he's had some bad movies too, All About the Benjamins, Torque and so on. Actually, Torque is so bad that it is funny.

Anyway, the trailer looks really bad, but I'll probably watch it on DVD or cable.

From the IMDB page, ((Durell (Ice Cube) and LeeJohn (Tracy Morgan) are best friends and bumbling petty criminals. When told they have one week to pay a $17,000 debt or Durell will lose his son, they come up with a desperate scheme to rob their neighborhood church. Instead, they end up spending the night in the presence of the Lord and are forced to deal with much more than they bargained for.))

2 comments:

PJ said...

Diabolical, who actually finances this crap?

Semaj said...

Yeah, who thought this was going to work? I can't believe how bad the trailer is too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47