Sunday, September 10, 2006

Prison Break

Prison Break (first 2 disks)

Because I don’t watch anything on the Big Four networks, I’m usually left out of the loop. However, thanks to USA Today, I sometimes get to read what the critics get to say about new TV shows. One such show is Prison Break. During the first season run, I never caught an episode, but luckily the DVD set has been released and I’ve seen the first 7 episodes from this show. I have to say that I like what I’ve seen so far. With each episode being tightly connected to the one before, it’s better to see this show on DVD anyway, plus without all the dumb commercials.

When I heard that Brett Ratner was attached as a producer, I rolled my eyes in contempt, but the show seems to work. Plus, the main story is compelling enough that I will stick around for the rest of the DVD set. While the story of the two brothers in prison planning their escape is good, the sub-story about one of the brothers’ female friends trying to uncover the plot behind their imprisonment is far more interesting. There seems to be a lot of dead bodies lying around to keep the secret, and I want to know who is behind the plot.

At the moment, I’m in the episode dealing with the aftermath of a big riot. BTW, don’t bother with the Commentary with Ratner, there’s too much self-gushing going on, and not much on the story development or any problems they’ve had.

Grade: B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prison Break is AWESOME (I don't care if I'm just another pop culture victim!)

I hear the second season has just started in the US ... it sucks, because we're not getting it until next year =(

And I had no idea Brett 'I ruined X-Men' Ratner was a producer :| Heh!

Semaj said...

The last episode I saw just kicked ass, I can't believe how a show this good can be produced by Ratner.

Anonymous said...

I think I like this show so much coz I really feel for the characters...

I can't wait for the Burrows Bros. to escape to Mexico/uncover the conspiracy.

I can't wait for Sucre to get his fiancee back, and kick his cousin's arse.

I can't wait for the Abruzzi to regain control of his mob, or reunite with his family.

Something like that. :)

Semaj said...

Rico, that's what I really dig about the show, The whole conspiracy plot.

The behind the conspiracy are so powerful and ruthless

Thanks for dropping in, Rico

Anonymous said...

Prison Break was one of those shows that I saw the previews for and I just knew it was going to be quality television.

The show that I've gotten that vibe from this year is this midseason replacement on ABC called coincidentally enough, Day Break.

Semaj said...

I cant believe how well this shows has gotten over time, I dont think there will be room for a third season, but we'll see.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47