Friday, September 22, 2006

Jet Li Throws in the Towel.

Jet Li says he done with Martial Arts flicks

((Expressing displeasure over the fact that the theme of martial arts movies is "always revenge," Jet Li has told the Los Angeles Times that he will no longer make such films. Li made his remarks on the eve of the opening of his latest film, Fearless, about a Chinese martial arts master who died in 1910. "In this movie and in my past three movies, I continue to say that violence is not any solution," Li told the Times.He said that he had become concerned that the spirit of martial arts, wushu, had become lost in movies, especially when young people confronted him. "On the street, I see a lot of young teenagers saying, 'Hey, Jet Lit. Beat up somebody! Fight! Fight!" The true meaning of wushu, he said, is "stop fighting."))

I’ve always liked Jet Li’s movies. I think he’s one of the few Martial Artists that can act well in English and Chinese. The man has a powerful screen presence that makes him stand out. While I understand his reasons, I hope he’ll reconsider.

BTW, rent Unleashed/Danny the Dog http://imdb.com/title/tt0342258/

Source http://imdb.com/news/sb/2006-09-21/#2

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47