Saturday, September 02, 2006

Chris Nolan talks Batman Again

Chris Nolan discusses Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16258

Comment: I loved Batman Begins, and I am looking forward to the second one. I always felt Tim Burton got Batman wrong. Nolan’s Batman felt closer to Frank Miller’s Batman than Burton’s.

((Talking about the follow-up, in which Heath Ledger will play The Joker opposite Christian Bale, he mentioned that they're changing things up. "I think what people responded to well about 'Batman Begins' is how different it was from their expectations so I think we would be foolish to not recognize that and to [try to replicate that now predictable blueprint]. I think we'll be doing something very different for the sequel. I certainly wouldn't have any interest in trying to repeat experience or the formula we've made, because particularly being the origin story, it's a very unique thing, a very singular experience. My interest would sort of be to move on from that and to do something quite different."))

I’m just hoping that Ledger is the right choice for The Joker. I guess we’ll find out in June 08.

Haven't heard much about that Wonder Woman movie...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought Ledger had the insane, stupid-looking grin going on :D

Semaj said...

I'll have to look past his 'brokeback' days and trust Nolan on this one. I see where he's going with this choice tho.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47