Monday, September 04, 2006

A dish best served cold…

http://nektros.com/2006/09/04/undeserved-bus-driver-revenge-still-tastes-so-sweet/#respond
Yvonne wrote about her little revenge against a rude bus driver, and it got me to thinking about one experience I had with a bitchy supervisor at work.
______________________

Back when I first started working at UPS, one of my jobs was to take mis-sorted packages to their correct loading belts. A supervisor of one of the belts always gave us trouble about packages at the end of her belt, and she bitched about it all the time.

Well, one day after I clocked out, after the operation was down, I walked past her belt and noticed she was still there. The next thing I knew, she came marching up to me with fire in her eyes.

“See that package?” she asked, with restrained anger in her tone. She pointed to a lone box sitting at the end of her load belt. “You guys left it here. Are you going to do something about it?”

I shrugged, noticing her voice getting harsher with every word. “I just clocked out.”

That was when she blew up. “Well, you get someone over here and pick up this package right NOW!” she yelled at me.

Now, I could have cussed her out and gotten into a lot of trouble, but I had another plan. “I’ll get someone to pick up the box,” I said. On the outside, I was calm, but inside I was furious. She could have asked me nicely.

I went back to my area and found my supervisor smoking outside. I went to her and said, “I just had a supervisor yell at me to pick up a box while I’m off the clock!” I never raised my voice before at work, but I lost my cool and erupted.

She could tell I was pissed. So, my supervisor calmly put out her cigarette and looked over to me. “Go home, James. I got this.” She got up and marched toward the bitchy supervisor’s belt. I was behind her, and I saw the look on the Bitchy Supervisor’s face as she saw my supervisor approaching her. It was a look of shock and fear.

My supervisor scooped up the box and stood face to face with her. As I walked away, I heard my supervisor say, “If you ever have a problem with one of my employees, you talk to me first.”

I didn’t stick around for the rest, but the next day, Bitchy Supervisor came up to me and apologized for her attitude. Ever since then, she was always nice to me. I can only imagine the ripping she received from my boss.

The end

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - you know Semaj, I think that's one little piece of revenge that was entirely justified! :P

Semaj said...

Thanks, It was so funny seeing her apologize to me, I loved the look on her face when she saw my supervisor marching her way, priceless.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47