Sunday, September 03, 2006

Kaavya Viswanathan Forever, and The KFC King

Remember that Harvard College student that wrote a popular book that ended up being plagiarized from many other published books? Well, she has her own page on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaavya_Viswanathan. Congratulations, Kaavya you are now forever in the history books, well at least in the web history. I really need to get listed in wikipedia for something.

Useless note, it would appear that even Kaavya had a Myspace account and it quietly went to friends and family after the scandal broke. It just goes to show you that Myspace is very evil. She also ‘took some time off’ from her schooling, or more likely pressured to leave.

After one poor judgment call, her life is ruined. I almost feel bad for her.

Hey, Kaavya, if you need a writing partner, call me…

___________________

So, who else has their own wikipedia entry? Col. Harland Sanders, Yeah the king of KFC himself. And, yes I read his entire page too. My favorite part,

((In 1959, Sanders moved the headquarters of his business to a new location near Shelbyville, Kentucky and in 1964, sold it to a group of investors headed by future Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown, Jr. Sanders, after retiring as a cook, worked as its company spokesman for most of the rest of his life. He appeared in many of his company's television commercials between the 1950s and 1970s (with his and KFC's slogan "Finger-lickin' good"), and remained outspoken about the quality of the KFC product, often with a lively vocabulary. In 1975 a libel lawsuit was filed against Harland Sanders by Kentucky Fried Chicken for his comments, including calling the gravy "sludge" and "wallpaper paste". The suit was unsuccessful, and he continued to speak out when he felt the quality of the business he founded waned.))

Have to love when the former owner bashes the company he founded.

Go Colonel, go Colonel, Go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I do feel a little bad for her, I also have to admit that I did ride her ass a little bit when I first started my blog. That first week in the new place was hard, so I mentioned it a little too much(and I do bring her up every time I mention plagiarism).

Semaj said...

Lol, I bashed her a little to much I myself in some early posts, I should have also attacked her Bookpackers as well, because it seems they're to blame too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47