Friday, September 22, 2006

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Complete Recordings

Howard Shore's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS
THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS
is set for a November 7th release date. While I've been more of a Goldsmith/Williams fan, there's no denying that Shore brought back the old, grand, style of film scoring. In many ways, he use the thematic style of Williams' Star Wars movies as basis.

I hope there is going to an introduction of the Gondor theme in this score, like the extended ed.

((This historic release contains over 180 minutes of music on three CDs, comprising the full score of the 2002 film, composed by Howard Shore. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Complete Recordings marks the second edition of the three complete recording releases of the film trilogy whose score has been honored with three Academy Awards, four Grammy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards, and which has sold over 6 million copies worldwide. This deluxe set also includes exclusive new artwork, packaging, extensive liner notes written by Doug Adams, and “Gollum’s Song” performed by Emiliana Torrini. ))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

^___^

My god, this is going to be the best movie soundtrack ever EVER :D This is the one that got me hooked on HS. I'd buy it just for the trumpet music which plays when Boromir puts the flag up....

Semaj said...

I forgot that the Gondor theme plays in the extended cut of Fellowship as well, during the concucil scene.

Oh, yeah I love when theme is played over the cheering crowd, giving it a grand sound because in Return of the king, its played in sad key most of the time.

TTT score I think is the best out of all the Ring movies

Anonymous said...

I think each one have their own picks of great songs, but TTT definitely has the highest concentration of great picks. Evenstar, The Riders of Rohan, Forth Eorlingas ... *sigh* :)

I don't think anything beats 'The Breaking of the Fellowship' from TFOTR though ;)

Semaj said...

TTT. Absolutely, the only problem I had with the regular CD was the lack of Saruman/ Isengard theme. While there was some, the movie had a great deal more. And besides the Rohan theme, it’s my fave

Breaking of the Fellowship: It’s a prefect way to end a movie. It was the best thing in the Fellowship score.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47