Friday, February 11, 2011

Lady Gaga's “Born This Way” (sounds like a Madonna song)


Lady Gaga's “Born This Way” (sounds like a Madonna song)
Come on, girls. Do you believe in love?
People have claimed for years now that Gaga has ripped off Madonna's style by just making it more robotic and childish. I am one of those people. I've always felt Gaga was the carbon paper copy of Madonna. Some are a “Twitter” about Lady Gaga's newest song.
And listening to her newest single “Born This Way”, I can hear the distinct structure of a certain Madonna era from Gaga's single. If you're going to copy Madonna's style and image, you might as well go for the sound too. While the song is a tad too generic and “trance beat sound” for its own good, I do like that Gaga doesn't rely on the auto-tune as much or the two-note range of her old music.
In the end, I kind of like the song, but I liked it better in its original form, Madonna's Express Yourself.
But, could you have tuned down the massive thumping beat just a bit, Gaga?
I'm sure her demo will love the song and pump it loud in the clubs, not realizing it sounds a bit too much like Madonna. Heck, I'm sure most of her younger fans have never heard of a Madonna song with the exception of “Die Another Day”. Most of Madonna's older songs are ten times better than Gaga's stuff any day. And, I find that sad.
Here are two different versions of Madonna's Express Yourself song.
Sadly, we've been tricked into talking about Gaga negatively or positively just like the rest of her songs.   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47