Monday, February 23, 2015

From Louisville to Memphis Part 2

Well, we're back to give you another post  my journey to the city. I want back there a couple of years ago, but never really took any pictures. Now, I have a handy dandy camera and took some. Remember this is during my grandmother's wake and funeral.
Black families put a lot of time and effort into death of a loved one. There is a lot of political aspects that I never want to be involved in and I tried my best to stay out of that shit. I did learn I have some half black half Filipino cousins. That's cool. They were these really smart little girls with musical backgrounds.

I am still an hour away from Memphis at this point, but the traffic is already starting to pick up. 
________________________________________________________
Just outside of Memphis:  The streets have a brown color to them,  For some reason a lot of the main streets have a brown tint to them.  I really have no idea why,  I know I can look it up.  Memphis has always had these brown concrete streets. 
___________________________________________________
I got side tracked to a shopping center called “The Columns” in that town outside of Memphis. It is a very busy place. And, I did the Greek/Roman vibe of their sign. 
____________________________________________________

 Tennessee depart of transport:  Yeah, they painted their own logo on the side of a highway.  Okay.  
I am in Memphis.  This is the Memphis Pyramid.  It is a arena for sports teams, but I've never been inside. 
Hell, I remember when they were building it. Interestingly enough, they don't use it anymore as a sporting location. What a waste.
From the Wiki Page, ((The Memphis Pyramid has not been regularly used as a sports or entertainment venue since 2004. The facility is currently being converted into a Bass Pro Shops "megastore" including shopping, a hotel, restaurants, a bowling alley, and an archery range with an outdoor observation deck at its apex. ))
If you look closely, there are people working on the top of it.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47