Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lady Gaga's “Born This Way” (sounds like SNSD's 'Be Happy' )...again


Gaga was just in Louisville performing, and then I came across this story about her new song “Born This Way”. I'm all for sampling, but this is different. Gaga somehow has become this strange mashup machine that takes two completely different songs (Express Yourself and Be Happy) and morphed them into “Born This Way”
I'm starting to see the whole Kaavya Viswanathan scandal brewing again with all the similarities between other songs and Gaga's work. I don't see Gaga actively taking songs and repackaging them, more like her people and the record producers “song packing” for the greatest impact. And, let's be honest, Gaga's music is packaged in such a way that a certain portion of the market flocks to it. And, they don't care about the similarities because “the music speaks to them”.
From alkpop.com, ((E-TRIBE, the composer behind “Be Happy,” responded to the claims through Newsen on March 11th and stated, “Someone this morning told me that there were reports of Lady Gaga plagiarizing SNSD’s ‘Be Happy.’ I listened, and I do feel that there are similarities. The way the song flows and the arrangements are, honestly, the same. I am currently working to get in contact with Lady Gaga’s publishing label to find further information.” ))
I'm not sure why Madonna hasn't really come out about it either.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47