Thursday, March 17, 2011

Darren Aronofsky off The Wolverine (Wolverine II)



Darren Aronofsky off The Wolverine (Wolverine II)
From Movie Line, ((As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, it became clear that the production of The Wolverine would keep me out of the country for almost a year,” Aronofsky said in a statement. “I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time. I am sad that I won’t be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again.” ))
Well, that didn't take long. Darren has walked away from other projects before. Did he want to a Robocop Reboot, but walked away from that. Is this statement just a cover for something else going on?
Something about “being away from his family” I don't buy.
If you remember, Fox interfered with Gavin Hood when he directed the first Wolverine movie.
I kind of knew this would happen, but I had hoped that he would follow through. Now, Fox will probably hire new director they can push around. I think Darren would have brought a grittiness to the film that not even Fox could envision.
Oh, well.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47