Monday, September 21, 2009

Shreds: Making bad music even worst

Shreds: Making bad music even worst

(Creed)

Someone told me about this Internet trend called Shreds. I went home and checked it out. I couldn’t stop laughing at how strange and silly it is.

Basically, someone replaces the real music with strange grumbling lyrics and distorted music. The “shredding” has to fit in with the actual playing in the video.

It seems the shittier the band the better the shreds sound. Nickelback and Creed seem to fit that category.

Nickelback Shreds

AC DC Shreds

Metallica Shreds

Jake E Lee Shreds

You probably won't get through most of them, but they are entertaining.

2 comments:

MC said...

I think Weird Al did a few of these back in the early 1990's when he took over Muchmusic for a few hours up here.

Semaj said...

I got to see if I can catch a few of those.

Side: I heard about these shreds in the real world, but there is no real online definition for the Meme. I'd like to see a history behind this.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47