Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tyler Perry highest rated film to date? (Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself)

Tyler Perry highest rated film to date? (Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself)

As I listened to a podcast with a black guy, I remember him saying that many educated black men and women don’t like Tyler Perry and his movies. I’m not completely sure about that, but there is a divide. But, the rest of the black church-going population loves his movies. Hell, my mother loves his movies and she is educated. (I liked his limited part in Star Trek 2009)

For me, I find his movies very strange. Even though I’m a black guy, I always get a response, “You just don’t get it” from fans of his movies. I can’t deny that his movies are hits.

Plus, there has been a divide between reviewers and the moviegoers. Perry’s movies have always become huge hits while critics ripped his movies apart. Given that his latest movie is number one and his highest rated movie he’s ever directed, I wanted to list his ratings on the Rotten Tomato-meter.

Keep in mind all his Madea movies are set in the same universe. (Madea universe?)

Diary of a Mad Black Woman (16%): This was his first movie to come to the screen. It went on to make 50 million.

Madea's Family Reunion: (27%): The rating for this movie was certainly better. And, it made 63 million.

Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? (44%): This movie was not set in the Madea Universe as far as I can tell. It made 55 million.

Daddy's Little Girls (25%): I know nothing about this movie. I’m not even sure it was even promoted that much. The box office take dipped for this one with 31 million.

Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys (51%): This movie received a lot of positive buzz from at least half the critics. Interestingly enough, it made 37 million.

Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns (30%): This one is loosely set in the Madea Universe and I think it sets up the next Madea movie. $41 million…

Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail (31%): This was Perry’s highest grossing film to date with 90 million.

Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself (59%): This is his highest rated film ever.

It will be interesting to see if his best reviewed film will appeal to the masses that liked his more poorly reviewed movies.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47