Friday, September 18, 2009

The Turtle Man

The Turtle Man

A guy named Justin showed me this little gem. After work today, my fellow co-work mentioned the Turtle Man. I asked, “Did he look like a turtle?” He answered nope. He was a guy with no front teeth and dug into muddy waters (not the singer) searching for snapping turtles.

Basically, he jumps into ponds and lakes, shirtless, fishing for snapping turtles. Of course, he’s from KY. When he catches one, he yells out a Rebel Yell. At first, I wanted to make fun of him, but I changed my mind. For one, he’s one brave man. He swims about in dirty water and finds turtles. Second, he’s having the time of his life.

I’m not brave enough to do what he does. I used to hunt for crawdads, but not snapping turtles. These turtles are mean. I guess I would be too if a shirtless dude scooped me up while yelling out the rebel call.

I did a little digging and found out he is a blogger. (http://www.turtle-man.com/blog/) You can watch other videos from his catches. Hell, the man even has merchandise.

Not to be confused with the other turtle man from that awful movie.

Found out more about the snapping turtle here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Snapping_Turtle)

2 comments:

MC said...

You know when I read the title of this post, my mind immediately went to the awful movie.

Semaj said...

For a second, I thought he was talking about that movie. The horror the horror.

What a bad, bad movie

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47