Monday, January 21, 2008

Road House (my first time)

Dirty Dancing III: This time it's personal

Road House (my first time)

http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Road_House_1989.aspx

The folks over at The Agony Booth did a great review on Road House, a movie I have never seen in my entire life, so I thought I’d give this movie a chance. I laughed a great deal at Albert Walker’s review of this man’s man movie that I had to rent it.

Since the site above did an extensive review of this movie, I decided to do a completely different type of look at this film.

I just feel manlier after watching this movie.

~Patrick Swayze’s hair has a life of its own in this damn movie. I mean for a man who is supposed to be a rugged bar fighting-guy, he certainly cares about his hair a little bit too much. Most people in his position will would simply keep their hair short, so no one would grab it or pull it. To get his hair that fluffy, he has to spend hours getting it fixed up.

~When I saw Kevin Tighe on the screen, I half expected him to throw someone out a window (Locke style) or get chocked by a pissed off con man with some old chains in a ancient slave ship. (Sawyer)

~The woman who gets kicked in the crotch at the beginning is popular stuntwoman Patricia Tallman. You see her face for about five seconds. Yeah, she the woman that’s been in a number of Sci-fi shows. Babylon 5 and Star Trek spin offs. (she’s unaccredited)

~There’s a ton of male/female nudity in this movie. I mean there’s just as much male nudity as there is female nudity. By the way, did we really need a close up of Swayze’s ass? We then got a clip the nerdy girl gushing over his bare ass a few seconds later. Don’t get me started with Sam Elliott pulling down his pants in one scene.

~Listen to Kevin Smith’s commentary on the Road House DVD. You’ll get a kick out of them ragging on the film. I love Kevin Smith’s commentaries.

~Chris Latta is the fat guy who offers anyone to feel his wife’s breasts for 20 dollars. Latta was the voice of Cobra Commander and many other cartoon characters. (He was also on Star Trek TNG for a few guess spots).

~The name Brad Wesley just doesn’t seem to put fear in my heart. Brad doesn’t sound like a menacing name. Brad sounds like that dork that’s going out with the girl of your dreams and not the main villain in the film. Then there’s the last name Wesley…

~The lines are so bad that they’re funny. The acting by Mr. Swayze is horrible but in a Chuck Norris sort of way good.

~I have to learn how to pull people’s throats out of their necks like Swayze does in this movie. He uses his bare hands.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47