Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The New Air Jordan

The New Air Jordan

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/09/the-new-air-jordan-no-really-its-green/

http://blog.oregonlive.com/business/2008/01/green_colors_new_air_jordan.html

I went to high school and noticed all the ‘cool’ guys getting the newest Air Jordan shoes. Everyone would look at these people like they were the Sporting Gods. “Hey, look he has those new Air Jordans on. Those aren’t even out yet.” I would shrug and shake my head, because I didn’t get it.

Call me old fashion, but I just never understood the reason why anyone would pay over $100 for an f’ing shoe. Then, they’d get shot over it when someone would attempt to steal them. I am aware that different shoes make a difference in the way you walk, but why follow the crowd?

((In a departure from previous rollouts, Nike will release a limited edition of the shoe to 23 U.S. retailers Jan. 25. The $230 price tag is the highest ever for an Air Jordan, Humphrey said. Larger releases on Feb. 16 and 23, pegged around the NBA All-Star game, will be priced at $185.))

185-230? Are they serious? These shoes better do my taxes and get the newspaper for that price tag.

However, I have to say that I do like the design of the new shoes.

Does the fabric on these shoes have a multi-rotating tri-phasic Quantum singularity pattern buffer?

______________________________________________
Ah, yes the first Air Jordans. You can imagine all the hipsters trying to get their hands on these shoes, while wearing some "Say no to sweatshops" shirts.

6 comments:

PJ said...

Ah man, you've just reminded me of when I was young and still went to church, and went on a trip to the beach with that church and had my new British Knights trainers stolen when I went swimming (they were the in-thing at the time in the UK.) I had to go home in my socks.

PJ said...

Oh and trainers are what you'd call sneakers.

Blayde said...

whoa, price tag alert. I'd pay a maximum of 60$ and that too for a really good pair that i wear constantly. these days my pumas for 55 are just perfect, walking, driving and anything in betweem, no sense in buying those types of shoes unless youre using them professionally. They aren't named air jordan for the airline, if you know what i mean

Semaj said...

PJ: that had to be the longest walk you've ever had, being shoe-less and all. BKs were huge here too for about 1-3 years. I actually like some of their designs better than Nike's.

BTW, I actually like the term Trainers better than sneakers. I'll have to start trying to bring that term here in the states.

Blayde: Yeah, that price tag shocked me too. I've kept my rundown Reebok's and Nike shoes for about 5-6 years now. And I have a pair of dress boots and steel toe work boots. all under 70$

I would keep my price range around 60 but I wear size 14-15

Ammaro said...

it never changes... back when i was in school, ages ago, it was the same thing... people used to go nuts over the new air jordans, and there was a while when shaq had his own line too...

nuts. really. what the hell is a 200$ shoe really going to do for you?

Semaj said...

ammaro: That's right, I wouldn't buy them unless it was on a professional level jogger/walker. I do walk a great deal, but I can't see myself getting anything that price.

I did use to have a pair of Nike Air Force, cheaper ones.

I need to look up all those shaq shoe styles.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47