Wednesday, January 16, 2008

read em

Well, the Cloverfield reviews have been coming in, and it looks like people are enjoying this movie. I do want to point you toward two reviews worth noting. (there are a few that hate the movie.)

The Movie Blog review

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/01/cloverfield-review#comments

Comment: This one is grounded and to the point. I like that John Campea states what he likes without spoiling it. He does note the cheesy love plot points as troubling, and I hate when movies feel the need to throw in a love story for a certain young demographic group.

He enjoyed the movie.

While I don’t always agree with John’s views or reviews, I like his writing style.

AICN review (With Harry Knowles)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35236

Comment: Okay, yeah this is a little bit too much of a geek-orgasm. I know that he enjoyed the film, but it is extreme. However, I do like a few things about Harry’s writing style. He enjoys movies, and he isn’t afraid to show it. I wish I could be that compassionate about something I enjoyed. He just needs to tone down the fan-orgasms.

I’ll see the movie this weekend.

3 comments:

Ammaro said...

the movie came out in the states yesterday right? im waiting to see what you have to say about the movie!

no spoilers please (or at least a warning before any!)

Ammaro said...

the movie came out in the states yesterday right? im waiting to see what you have to say about the movie!

no spoilers please (or at least a warning before any!)

Semaj said...

Yep, saw it today and just wrote a rather long review on it.

I tried to keep the spoilers to a a tiny factor

Hope you enjoy the review

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47