Monday, January 28, 2008

The Golden Raspberry Awards

I’ve always liked The Golden Raspberry Awards. And, one thing is always certain, there will always be bad movies for them to pick from. Last year was an extremely bad year for movies. (I say that every year.)

It was the year of Norbit. Part of me really enjoys ripping apart bad movies, but some are just painful to watch like Ghost Rider.

Taken from Filmjunk, here are a few nominations worth noting.

Worst Picture
Bratz
Daddy Day Camp
I Know Who Killed Me
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Norbit

I’m going with Norbit because that is just one bad movie. I’m sure Daddy Day Camp could win it, but I think people haven’t forgiven Murphy for Norbit.

Worst Actor
Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Next)
Jim Carrey (The Number 23)
Cuba Gooding, Jr. (Daddy Day Camp, Norbit)
Eddie Murphy (Norbit)
Adam Sandler (I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry)

Nicolas Cage deserves it, but I’m guessing Cuba or Eddie will get the honors this year. Cuba should get it just for doing those MJ underwear ads.

Worst Actress
Jessica Alba (Awake, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Good Luck Chuck)
Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos & Skyler Shaye (Bratz)
Elisha Cuthbert (Captivity)
Diane Keaton (Because I Said So)
Lindsay Lohan (I Know Who Killed Me)

It is a fight between Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan. I think all the media backlash will help Lohan win, but Alba is the one that seems to really need it. That girl can’t act, and Fantastic Four II proves it. I’d like to see Elisha Cuthbert win it because she comes across as a pretentious jerk.

Worst Prequel or Sequel
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Daddy Day Camp
Evan Almighty
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II

What, no Halloween Rob Zombie remake on the list? I pick Evan Almighty all the way.

Worst Director
Dennis Dugan (I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry)
Roland Joffe (Captivity)
Brian Robbins (Norbit)
Fred Savage (Daddy Day Camp)
Chris Siverston (I Know Who Killed Me)

Fred Savage should win this one. I hope he does. Then he can bring Wendy Cooper with him to accept his award.

_____________________________________________Haven't seen it yet.

4 comments:

Ammaro said...

never heard of these before, but they sure as hell sound like fun :D

Semaj said...

Yeah, they are great we should get the winners a few days before the Oscars

MC said...

See, I still say the reason Captivity was made was so that people who hated Kim Bauer could see her get tortured.

No one has disagreed with me so far.

Semaj said...

I can see that.

"This is for that silly subplot with that damn Cougar, and this is for that damn subplot being a babysitter in danger and getting kidnapped at least 10 times!"

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47