Monday, March 30, 2009

TLC-Creep (Mega-Remix post)

TLC-Creep (Mega-Remix post)

TLC is one of those groups that came out with some interesting songs in their first album. I felt their crazy acting wasn't that amusing in their first album.

That all changed with Crazy Sexy Cool.

With their second album, TLC proved that moving beyond their early gimmicks and making a mature, smooth, and jazzy album was the way to go. They showed that sexually could be handle with some maturity, such as Red Light Special, and that jazz could be mixed with hip-hop and R&B (Such as Waterfalls). On their first album, Baby-baby-baby was an indicator where the group was heading.

Creep was a prime example of the smoother style they perfected on their second album. While the actual message isn't morally sound, you can look past that for the sheer smoothness. It is just a good song period.

The music video is simple visually, but the fast editing with the music fits into each other nicely. The quick fades to black are a nice touch. Seeing three of them in silk pajamas is extremely sexy, especially Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, who I still have a huge crush on.

Beside the original song, there were many remixes. (And many of the remixes have Left-Eye rapping and commenting.)

The original version



Side note: Left-Eye supposely didn't like the song at all. And, I have to wonder if that's the reason her rap lyrics aren't in the orginal version of the song, but are in the most of the remixes.

_________________________

Darp Remix (Not to be confused with the DARPA Chief from MGS)

Comment: This version uses Ghetto Boys’ ‘My Mind is playing tricks on me’. This version has more ad-libs from Left-Eye.

Maxx Power Remix

Comment: I’m not a big fan of this version. It’s too early 90s-ish for me and I hate the guitar.

Super Smooth Remix

Comment: This is probably best remix of the bunch, and I would have been okay with this one being released before the original. Did they sing this version differently from the original?

Untouchable remix

Comment: This one is pretty good, but it reminds me of Das Efx, because they used it before TLC covered it for this remix. For some reason the group Das Efx pops into my head, when I want the visions of three fine ladies of TLC in there instead.

Jernmain's Jeep Remix: I really like this loaded remix. There is a lot stuff going into this one. It is probably the second best remix.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47