Monday, February 24, 2014

Harold Ramis RIP

Harold Ramis RIP

Damn, this one came as a total shock to me too. Most people that knows a thing or two about comedic movies is aware of this guy, writer/actor/director. He was a part of many pop cultural movies of two decades (80s and 90s). While some of his later movies weren't that good, I am looking at you, Year One, he should be remembered for his overall body of work. 
 From the Chicago Tribune, ((Ramis, a longtime North Shore resident, was surrounded by family when he died at 12:53 a.m. from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels, his wife Erica Mann Ramis said. He was 69. ))
I had no idea he was so sick. The family seems to have kept it under wraps because Ramis was actively trying to get Ghostbuster III movie off the ground. I still feel we don't need a Ghostbuster III movie, but I can see why he wanted to make another one.
Here are some highlights from his career.
Heavy Metal : I had no idea he did a voice for this strange T/A animated film.
National Lampoon's Vacation : I don't remember his appearance. But, he did direct the movie. The problem I have with the story is the animal cruelty. The dog death bit wasn't funny. It was just cruel.
Ghostbusters : He was also one of the writers and main stars in the movie. This is probably in my top ten favorite movies of all times.
Stuart Saves His Family : He directed this movie. Let's just forget this ever happened.
Analyze This : Directed and wrote, the movie hasn't help up as well as some of his other movies. However, this one is way better than the second movie Analyze That.
Groundhog Day : I love this movie. Enough said. 
Stripes : This movie was partly filmed in Louisville. And, some of the landmarks and locations haven't changed. I still get a kick out of the locations, standing in for New York, shown in the taxi driving scene. Heck, I kind of know where the apartments are in the movie.
I could go on, but I won't. He was important part of my movie-watching experiences. 
 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47