Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Issue

The Issue
Let's say I just wrote a post about two movie producers involved in a viral incident. It was a post about the legal threats that said producers are shooting around to everyone that even mentions the incident. I was going to post it, but realized even some of the bigger sites have been threatened and they've taken down the story. The story only lives on Reddit now with very little mention of the story on Google.  Not even Scientology has moved in so fast and attacked any mention of them.  
I have a strong belief if I post the story I will get a legal e-mail from the producers threatening me with legal action.

Should I even publish the story consider that I have no photos or quotes from the story?   

7 comments:

MC said...

I was going to suggest you write it as a totally blind item, but I have a feeling you would still get in trouble.

I am very curious as to what it is though (even though I am a reddit member, I probably haven't been to the subreddit where the story lives).

MC said...

Oh I found it. I wouldn't write about it... yet. They've done a good job of covering that up. I look for news on it and it is gone.

Google Cache is my friend though.

Semaj said...

This has truly shocked me, because not even Scientology has been able to do this. they have shut down nearly every site or post even mentioning the story. Though they haven't shut down that director from mentioning it in his FB post or Twitter it seems. There are a few gifs still floating around.

Thanks for the heads up. I wrote the story and realized I'd probably get attacked too after the writing. I almost posted it, but decided against it.


This is freaking crazy. They're going after even people that just mention the story.

I'm going to see if I can do some digging and see if there are a few more news posts about it still up.


People really need to know about this.

Semaj said...

Just checked IMDB and even a mention of a boycott on the boards has been deleted. Geez

MC said...

They got the Mirror to take it down too.

MC said...

James Gunn has posted about it on Facebook.

Semaj said...

Damn, these guys have almost successfully deleted every negative story about with the exception of Gunn's post an "open letter" in some website, plus a few reddit postings.

I am so glad I didn't post the story now.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47