Monday, July 08, 2013

Venture Bros. Goes after Scientology

Venture Bros. Goes after Scientology
I was watching Venture Bros On Demand when the episode Spanakopita had a flashback to the original Dr. Venture fighting a villain that looked exactly like L. Ron Hubbard. L. Ron's “space spirit” was encased in a robot. They even had the Sea Org in there as his henchmen. In the Venture universe, L Ron is a villain, and I love that fact.
I also shook my head and thought, Do they realize that the production could get sued now? They not only used his likeness, but used a sound alike too.  And, they made him a super villain!
Given how many lawsuits the space church likes to throw out there, I would be surprised if they didn't get a "letter".  Then again, the church isn't what it used to be. While they went digging for dirt on the South Park guys, I don't think they'll go that far with Venture Bros.  They're taking it on both sides. 

Anyway, the whole episode was great with some funny references to other pop culture things. With multiple references to Clash of the Titans and James Bond, you can't go wrong. (FX, Indiana Jones, and more)

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47