Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pappa John’s Pizza: better ingredients better racists?

Pappa John’s Pizza:  better ingredients better racists? 
Damn, even when we do tip we still get dissed.  Yeah, the guy gets really racist toward the end of the message.  I thought he’d just say the “n-word” once, but he kept going and made a song out of it.  It was as if the N-word gave him an X-Potion every time he used it. 
By the way, I believe the song he’s parodying is the theme for Swat. 
I don’t think the composer had the version from the video above in mind when he made the song.  Though I could be wrong. 
If you’re going to include racist with every pizza, can I have a discount?  I mean put it in writing when I get some extra racist topped on that pizza.
Because this video instantly went viral, even the Papa John's CEO had to come out and denounce the racist rant/song. He felt the heat and it wasn't coming from his pizza oven. 
From ABC.com, ((Papa John's Chairman and CEO John Schnatter apologized to a customer in Sanford, Fla., for a racist rant a Papa John's delivery man inadvertently left on the customer's voicemail. ))
Bascially, delivery guy “butt” dialed the customer back. I wonder if I'd ever dial someone when I talking about poop or making a lame joke, but this is just crazy. There might be something to this Karma thing. Anyway, Papa John's fired two employees.
"I love it when you call me Big Papa." 

Here's Big Papa's Apology from his Facebook page. ((Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants. Their thinking and actions defy both my personal and the company's values, and everything for which this company stands. The employees responsible for this absolutely unacceptable behavior were immediately terminated. 
My heartfelt apology goes out to the customer involved, his family, and our community at large. I am very sorry that anyone would be exposed to these hurtful and painful words by any person involved in any way with our company.

Thank you for your important comments. I have personally reached out to our customer to share my own thoughts and offer my deepest apology.

Sincerely,

John Schnatter
Chairman and CEO
Papa John’s
)) 

2 comments:

MC said...

Isn't that the town where Trayvon Martin was shot?

Semaj said...

Confirmed, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford,_Florida

Holy crap it is the same place. Good looking out.

It looks like this town is really messed up. Then again, we are talking about Florida. As Adam from Loveline said, "Germany or Florida?"

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47