Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Oh, boy

Fanboys at Comic Con 'dressed to depress' (Click it if you dare)

MC brings up some interesting points about the very nature of fanboys in his post. He got me thinking about the extremist nature of many of these guys. In many ways, geeks are the 'normals', while the fanboys give us a bad name.

A few days ago, someone posted a link to some fascinating costumes at the Nerd-Con, er Comic Con. I never really understood the whole dressing up as my favorite cartoon/videogame thing, but there are some amazing outfits that some of these fans make up. For every clever one, there are 4-6 really bad ones. I have to wonder if they are aware that their bodies aren't meant for those things.

Here are a few rules for the next comic con.

  1. Unless the superhero is over 300 pounds, you shouldn't wear that costume. (I don't remember The Flash ever being overweight.)

  2. We need more grown women dressed in those sexy Japanese school girl outfits. You can never have enough of those in one building.

  3. No more male camel toes please...

School girl outfits: Never has a clothing style had some much range as this one. From a real Catholic school to a strip club.

2 comments:

MC said...

Aw dude... no one wants to see male camel toes.... especially when the person with one is most looking forward to "Seeing hot chicks in spandex."

And with the geeks are the normals thing... that's exactly what I meant in my entry.

Semaj said...

lol, I can't get that image out of my head, so I wanted to make sure everyone had that chance too.

I hope he knew that the entire world got a good look at his junk and know his name. Oh, man.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47