Sunday, August 31, 2008

James Update

أ ب ت ث ج ح خ د ذ ر ز س ش ص ض ط ظ ع غ ف ق
ك ل م ن ه و ي

You read them right to left.

I am slowly learning the Arabic alphabet and learning how to put words together. I know a few greetings and things like “thank you” and “door”.

I am much better at writing words than saying them at the moment. There’s something neat about connecting letters.

I’m getting better at it. I’m just a little slow. I have to keep in mind there are about five-six people from the Middle East and Northern Africa also taking the class and they can speak much better.

However, I am a little worried about a homework assignment. At some point, I have to greet an Arabic speaking person and attempt to talk to them in Arabic. I’ll probably come across as a babbling fool and they’ll hand me money or call the cops.

For your enjoyment, here’s a video I’ve seen and heard for about a hundred times.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47