Sunday, August 10, 2008

Isaac Hayes has died

He was one bad Mother...shut your mouth

______________________________________________________

I’m becoming a Death Blog, but more sad news to report.

Music legend Isaac Hayes has passed away.

Check out the news here.

((Hayes, best known for his pop/R&B classic ''Theme From Shaft'' and more recently as the voice of Chef on South Park, was found next to an active treadmill by relatives, according to reports from the Shelby County Sheriff's Department in Memphis, Tennessee. Attempts to revive the singer were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead in Memphis shortly after 2 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. ))

One thing was certain; Hayes wasn't in the best of health after his stroke, which is sad because he took care of his body in his later years.

Like James Brown, his music has influenced many rappers and R&B singers of my lifetime and will continue to. I still listen to his Shaft theme song in my car just to pump me up (that and the Knight Rider theme).

As a movie fan, I remembered enjoying his role in Escape from New York as The Duke and his cameo in Escape from L.A. However, young people will remember him from South Park.

While I disagreed with his association with the Church of Scientology, I can’t forget the impact he had on pop culture. (I have to wonder how much cash Scientology conned out of him though.)

Make sure to check out his IMDB page, you'll be surprised what shows and movies he's been in. (A-Team, Hunter and Miami Vice)

Coming in November, he will be in a movie with the late Bernie Mac and Samuel L. Jackson called Soul Men.

You're The Duke, Isaac Hayes. RIP

Damn right

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this has definitely been a rough year for Hollywood. Granted they seem to come in spurts. granted Hayes is number 4 that I know of this year. I remember two years ago when Star Trek had that rough year.

paul

Semaj said...

Yeah, I remember that time period when many of the trek actors were dying off.

I watch Star Trek II and see half the cast is dead, including one of the writers of the movie.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47