Sunday, August 17, 2008

Five reasons to hate Abercrombie & Fitch

Five reasons to hate Abercrombie & Fitch

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abercrombie_&_Fitch)

On some days, I decide to walk to the mall. In that mall, there is an Abercrombie & Fitch store; actually there are two stores there. One store is simply called Abercrombie. Every time I walk pass the store I get a nose full of cologne and an ear full of techno music.

When I peek inside, I get confused, probably due to the mist of the cologne. And I ask; What kind of people would pay or even visit such a store?

Is it a store for metro-sexual men?

Is it a store for douche bags that think their hip with their expensive shirts and cargo shorts?

Like Starbucks, I have a problem with the way this company markets itself, and I find the logic of their marketing and pricing flawed. Here are a few things I have a problem with inside and outside their stores.

5. Price Tag is too high: For me, I won’t purchase a pair of pants over 15 bucks, and t-shirts under $7. Why the hell would you pay 89 bucks for a pair of pants with pre-worn-out cuts and dirt. I'm not making this up, check it out here. So, you’re going to pay top-dollar for clothes that look like a hobo has worn them since jumping out of a boxcar? If you want to make your jeans look like shit, then do some work in them.

4. Enough with the Pictures of Shirtless men: If I see another ‘male model’ with that goofy expression plastered on their face in a black and white picture, I’m going to punch someone in the face or their $89 pants. Are we supposed to believe that once we get that overly priced stonewashed pair of jeans on, we’ll magically look like the douche bag in the picture? Then again, if I’m paying 100 dollars for a pair of jeans, they had better be magical and traveling too! (Time Traveling Magical Pants)

3. The Mist of cologne and perfume that is pumped through the store: Why does smell like someone detonated an Axe Body Spray bomb in your store? The smell comes seeping out of the doorway and nearly knocks you out. Change it up a bit. How about the smell of hamburgers or better yet linen?

2. Sexual underwear for the wrong demo: That's sick, AF. I'm not even going to type it, just read the criticism of the stores in the wiki page. Shouldn’t there be an age limit as to whom you sell thongs to? Like say 18-35?

1. Techno Music blaring from the store: Can you please play something other than techno? Every time I walk pass, I hear that beat, and I picture Blade entering and kicking vampire ass in that nightclub in the first movie. Does the techno have to come thumping out of the store so loud? How about a nice mixture of music and let’s turn it down a bit?

______________________________________________________

How about promoting shirts and underwear is also on sale at your store too? Enough with the shirtless guys running through aimlessly through a wheat field. Is the woman naked in this photo?

7 comments:

PJ said...

You think those pre-destroyed jeans are a con? Check out the paint-splattered jeans by J.Crew for $285!

Semaj said...

Holy crap, what the hell is that about?

Paint covered jeans for that price? I can make a pair of jeans like that for 15 bucks and throw some paint on them. What are they thinking?

Anonymous said...

I hate abercrombie and fitch. I am so outraged by the treatment I receive every time I go to the Abercrombie here in Wichita, KS. It is completely disgusting how the associates at the counter forget to show a shred of respect toward their paying, job-sustaining customers. Every time I go in there the associates are outright rude to me, rolling their eyes, talking back to me, attempting to embarass me in front of everyone in the store, and completely treating me like there is a problem with my mere presence shopping there. I'm not even going to bother describing who I am, or what I look like, or how much money I make simply because it should not **** matter! Everyone should be shown respect who walks into the store. I'm so outraged, if I wanted to have a conversation with an ungrateful, uncomprehending, stuck-up teenager I will have to go to another store with associates who are slightly more reasonable than those who work at this Abercrombie and Fitch location.

Unknown said...

Completely true!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy said...

Their clothes are ugly and boring to begin with so right there I have no reason to buy any of their clothes. The materials they use are of low quality, lack diversity in design and patterns and sophistication. I hate the music they play in their stores as well, it sounds music like a drug addict would listen to, which is probably what the people who come up with their advertising campaigns do since they are so messed up! There is absolutely nothing sexy or attractive about their clothes or a company who shows any type of racist slur in their advertising campaign, especially to someone who may be a potential customer! That is as stupid as a company can get.

Semaj said...

Couldn't agree more.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47