Tuesday, September 25, 2007

When Cartoons go bad...

Cracked.com has some of the worst cartoon adaptions ever created for Saturday.

http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2403

http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2403&pageid=2

There’s a few I’ve never seen in my life, and back then I watched a lot of cartoon when I was a kid.

The Fantastic Four: Except this wasn’t the Fantastic Four, it was more like the three with a goofy robot filling the 4th position. They got rid of Johnny Storm. I’m serious. This series came before the FF series that was made in the 90s with all the members intact.

ProStars: Now, I remember this one. Jordan, Bo Jackson, and some white dude became Superheros, instead of divorcing their wives and making millions of dollars in shoes deals. They should have added a fourth member named Michael Vick and he had powers to control dogs, making them attack villains.

Hammerman: Holy Crap, this has to be one of the worst cartoons ever conceived. If there ever was a time that Hammer jumped the shark, it was during this cartoon. This DiC cartoon was beyond bad. What’s with the magical shoes that are actually alive? Yeah, that’s how he got his powers.

Rubik, The Amazing Cube: I didn’t even know this one existed. A cartoon based on a living Rubik’s Cube with magical powers certainly seems like a first to me. And, it is a stupid idea too.

She-Ra: Princess of Power: Why did they get rid of my favorite cartoon hero and replace him with this girl version? I remember all the boys were pissed about this show, saying, “This show is made for girls.” Except, most girls weren’t interested in strong female characters holding swords at the time. We’d have to wait for Kill Bill nearly 25 years later.

Notable mention: The Kid n Play cartoon: With dancing buildings…

9 comments:

MC said...

I used to watch that Fantastic Four thing late night on our country's version of the Cartoon Network called Teletoon for the Dr. Doom action.

Blayde said...

That white dude was Wayne Gretsky, and i loved that cartoon >: no matter the inaneness

But i'd like to contribue 'new kids on the block', my God that was a useless cartoon, did increase their sales, but as a cartoon, meh

Semaj said...

MC: I'm going to have to check out more of that show on youtube, because I can't believe someone actually let them replace one of the main characters with a goofy floating robot.

Have to really wonder if Stan Lee approved of this change.

Was this show placed on a different planet?
___________________________________
Blayde: Lol, that's right I remember everyone saying, "hey, there's a new show with Jordan and Bo and some white guy." This was certainly when the 'Bo Knows' slogan was hot, and I cant believe they even used it during the opening too.

I had completely forgotten about the New Kids on the Block cartoon! I can't believe I'd forgotten about a cartoon that bad.

I'm going to post about this New Kids on the Block cartoon later today. That is if I dont fall asleep in the school Library

MC said...

They were afraid that kids would be stupid and try to set themselves on fire to become Johnny Storm.

Semaj said...

Man, I can see it now. "Hey look mommy, I'm the Human Torch."

Floosh! Bursting into flames.

I wish I could say that the Standards and Practices were a little better today, but we all remember that they stopped Bevis and Butthead from saying 'fire.

Anonymous said...

yeah she-ra stunk, but before kill bill we had xena

paul

Semaj said...

Paul,

That's right there was Xena too.

After watching these clips, I had forgotten how bad the animation was back in the day.

Mayren said...

She-Ra did suck! He-Man was more beleivable AND we already had Wonder-Woman in the flesh - who the heck needed a cartoon version?

Semaj said...

That's right! Plus, her character was just so lame compared to Wonder Woman.

Speaking of WW, I need to see how the movie development is shaping up.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47