Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chaiyya Chaiyya

Chaiyya Chaiyya! (as it is heard in Inside Man)

I've somewhat become a Bollywood fan, as you already know. I remember hearing this song at the opening and ending credits of Inside Man, and I loved the song. The version in Inside Man is a remixed version with a hip-hop beat and Terence Blanchard, who added his main theme from the movie. The song comes from the Bollywood movie Dil Se.

Here's the orginal version: You have to see the dancing, which was done a freaking moving train, because it's very good. The lady doing the belly dancing is HOT. And she knows how to move her hips. From what I heard, two people died while making this dance number.

Inside Man version: Grade: B+

Dil Se version: Grade B+

For more info go here.

I actually sing this song in public and I do get strange looks. It's a really cool song.

4 comments:

Blayde said...

hahaha, it is a good song, it's like one of those known by everyone songs, like the 1970s Vietnam music.

Semaj said...

It's a fun song. It's used very well in Inside Man too. I love the dancing in the original too.

Anonymous said...

the original dancing video was awesome, i'd say one of the best videos i have ever seen.

paul

Semaj said...

It's great, just so upbeat and very good dancing. I need to pick up the soundtrack

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47