Monday, September 10, 2007

Iron Man Trailer

Before I take a long nap, I wanted to post this. The movieblog has the New Iron Man trailer up.

Iron Man Trailer

Comment: I freaking love this trailer. I like the way Stark is portrayed here. He’s charming and a total asshole too. Robert Downey Jr. is perfect for this role. I also had a big geeky grin when we see Iron Man suit (version 1.0) appear.

I really liked the better version of his suit flying in the air. That was cool.

Please don’t disappoint me, Jon Favreau.

Side Note: I think it is really smart that they cast Terrence Howard as James Rhodes. They could easily spin off this character into his own movie, because Rhodes becomes War Machine. We know that Howard can carry a movie.

5 comments:

Mayren said...

i am still resisting the urge to go see the trailer-ish teases.. dammit am I alone in thinking that there is something morally wrong with casting Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man Tony Stark????!!!?

I will resist and deny any merit to the film for a little while longer i think .

(pout)

Semaj said...

I love the fact they got Downey as Stark. While the trailer doesnt show the 'playboy' side of his character, his performance in the clips are pretty good.

We'll have to see. Hopefully we'll get a War Machine movie out of it too.

Blayde said...

I saw the introduction of Iron Man in the animated movie i think that was released last year, he's always shown as a bit of a player. Downey looks perfect for the role, just as the comic and cartoon.

Howard wouldnt be my first choice though, i always read of Rhodes as an edgier character, sharp and witty but brainy. If he can pull it off, props to him

Semaj said...

I need to rent that Iron Man cartoon movie, just have had a chance to pick it up.

Yeah, I dont think Howard can pull off the witty part, but I think he can do the edgy and briany stuff though.

I'd love to see that black suit in action in a live movie

MC said...

Mayren, I don't get your objection to former addict Downey playing alcoholic Stark.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47