Friday, August 12, 2005

Tuba Jam. Word...

This is a sousaphone, an outside version of a Tuba. If you’re in a marching, please use sousaphones, and not concert Tubas.

Da Tuba

Hey guys and some girls, want to know how to get chicks to sleep with you? Learn how to play a tuba. (I’m joking about getting girls to sleep with you)

Back in Middle School, long ago, I was a euphonium player in band. You see the euphonium is much smaller than a tuba, which means in turn the instrument plays higher in the range. The Euphonium plays around the same range as a trombone, but doesn’t play the long harmonizing notes in sheet music as a Trombone. I kind of dug being euphonium player.

When I started High School, my new band teacher switched me to tuba. Now, I had to content with a much larger instrument. I also had to learn to read music below the staff line. There were many groups in the band, most fell into which instrument you played. Tubas and drummers were the cool rebels of the band, always acting up and changing the music given to them. Unlike many other sections, tubas and drums generally played and practiced away from the band. All tuba players are smart-ass outsiders.

When I got to KSU (Black College), Tubas were seen on a whole new level.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47