Monday, August 29, 2005

More reasons to hate gas stations


I went to a gas station around my part of town. I pulled up to the pump and went inside. I stood in a short line for a about a minute. On the right register, an old crusty, (Who had smoked too many cigarettes) lady stood there helping a customer. On the right register, there was a skinny dork/idiot man.

The guy called me up next.

Placing my money on the counter, I said, “I want 6 dollars on pump 15.”

The cashier gave me a perplexed look, and looked down at his computer screen. He slowly opened his mouth, “Are you sure you’re on pump 15?”

At first, I was certain, but I began to doubt myself. Maybe, I was incorrect and I picked the wrong number. I peered out the front window, trying to see the number. Of course, a big-ass company van obscured my view of my car and the pump number. “I think it was 15, I could be wrong.”

This was when the old dirty woman decided to add her stupid two cents. She looked over at her counterpart. “That’s why they have those big white numbers on the side of the pumps.”

I nearly opened my mouth to shot back a smart-ass comment to her old dirty ass. This so-called woman had no business adding her remarks to the subject, yet her cigarette filled brain couldn’t handle not making a smart-ass remark. Because I was more pissed at the man, I didn’t say anything to her.

“I’ll be right back,” the man said, quickly heading for the door.

I watched as he dashed outside, looking around the van. I saw him mouthed the word “shit” as he came back inside. I put two and two together, someone on pump 15 drove off without paying.

“Yeah, you were right, pump 15,” the man said.

“Are you sure?” I said, being sarcastic.

The fool nodded. “Did you see the car that drove off when you pulled up?”

“No,” I said. It wasn’t like I was looking in the first place.

I went back to my car pissed off, cursing all people that work at gas stations. I started to cheer up when I saw that the people before me stole 20 dollars worth of gas. Good for them, I hope they come back to this gas station and steal 40 dollars worth next time.

Again, I hate gas stations.

1 comment:

Semaj said...

thanks a lot, I have yet another gas station story that happened today.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47