Sunday, October 03, 2010

Dancing with the Stars? Really?


Dancing with the Stars?  Really?
First off, I’ve never seen an entire episode of Dancing with the Stars, but I am always amazed that show can even call itself Dancing with the Stars when half the “stars” were never stars to begin with.  So, I thought it would be fun to see which of the latest cast of stars on the current season should be considered stars. 
David Hasselhoff : Like Betty White, I think Hasselhoff is overexposed. He'll show up on thing just to get his name out there. But, I am not sure what he's selling. Himself?  I guess he can be considered a star.  But, where is KITT? (Or at least KARR)
Michael Bolton : Technically, he is a star. He used to be the shit back in the 90s, but today he's just a sensitive little guy that can't take criticism. He kind of fits the bill as being a “star”.
Brandy : I have no problem calling her a star, plus she left the space church for greener pastures. I'm not sure why someone with her talent and records would want to show up on this show. What about practicing in the studio or trying to get more acting roles instead?
Margaret Cho: MC pretty much summed up my thoughts about her. She really isn't much of a star today.  I kind of like her early acts, but she does have an axe to grind.  It is kind of a shame to see her shilling on a show like this. If her past self saw what Cho was doing today, she'd make fun of it and put it in her act.
Rick Fox : I don't follow sports, so I know nothing about him other than he was a NBA player.
Jennifer Grey : Oh, I get it she's on “Dancing” because it makes it ironic. Remember, she was in Dirty Dancing. I think she has to put a disclaimer out there remind people that she is the same person from Dirty Dancing because she looks nothing like the woman from1987, due to the extensive plastic surgery. BTW, I liked her when she had the big nose.
Kyle Massey:  I have no idea who this kid is?  I just read he works on the Disney Channel.  Is he really a star? 
Bristol Palin:  Great, the one woman that is famous for not using birth control has a spot on a show about “stars”.  I don’t like Sarah Palin, but wouldn’t she be a better spot than her daughter who should be taking care of her newborn? 
Audrina Patridge:  I can’t call a reality star a real star.  I have never heard of her until now. 
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino:  Do I really need to go on another Jersey Shore rant?  Moving on…
Kurt Warner:  Again, I have no idea who this is other than he’s sports guy. 

2 comments:

MC said...

See, I don't watch this show either, but I have grudging respect for it because the people involved have to actually learn how to do something and try to do it well.

When compared with other celebrity-oriented reality programming (think about Celeb Rehab and those shows that follow a celeb as they self destruct or try dating a huge number of people), it is refreshing.

Semaj said...

I can see your point. You're right it isn't a normal reality show. I just find it amusing the stress the "Star" part eps with people like Bristol.

I'd still like to show a bright-eyed younger Cho exactly what happened to her future self.

Than again, she might be doing this more new material (?)

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47