Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kid stuff from back in the day...

Woman's Day has an interesting list of 10 unforgettable fads of kids. I wanted to comment on a few of the fads on their lists, mainly because I grew up on a few of them.
The Slinky: Remember when a curved string of metal was all the rage? My brother and I used to have one of the bigger ones. We took both ends of the slinky and stretched it out throughout the house, thus ruining it. But, I still like the ad.
Trolls: I hate these little creatures. I have had nightmares about these little things. They were ugly little buggers. Why were they so popular? Then again, I think those Bratz toys are pretty much the same thing.
Garbage Pail Kids: Okay, I just bashed the Trolls about being ugly, and these little cards/stickers came up on the list. They are ugly, but they were made to parody Cabbage Patch Kids. I remember every boy carried a pack of these cards in their pocket and trade them with the fellow students. I also remember that there were at least two different names for the same picture on the card. I remember some schools banned the cards. I think my school banned them. Schools banned them because they were considered a distraction. They had no idea that it would get worst with the texting and cell phones today.
Did any girls have any of these cards?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47