Saturday, October 02, 2010

Very sad




Father backs over his daughter with Lincoln Navigator in a deadly accident.
From Wave 3, ((Police say the father of a little girl was driving a Lincoln Navigator when he accidentally backed over her in the his driveway in the 200 block of Harper's Ferry Road. The father put his daughter in the car and was on the phone with 911 when they told him to go to the nearest location.  ))
I actually saw the aftermath of this accident and didn't even know it at the time. I was riding my bicycle up the Iroquois Park hill. When I reached the top, I heard sirens, but thought nothing of it. I rode my bike down the hill and traveled back to my car. A fire truck just pulled away, but a police car with its lights on was still near my parked car. I noticed a SUV parked in the grass and the doors and back window open with a few people standing around crying.
I knew something was deeply wrong, because a crowd from the playground watched the commotion.
I saw a guy kind of fall to the ground in tears as the police officer tried to comfort him. I could hear the guys cries over the traffic. I didn't know what happened at the time, but I knew something bad happened big time. I didn't want to add to the crowd of people gawking, so I put my bike on my car and left.
At work, I went into the break room and heard the story from above on the news, and I put two and two together. I thought, “Oh, crap, I was there when I saw the aftermath.”
From the Courier-Journal ((He rushed his daughter to the hospital, calling 911 on the way. Dispatchers instructed him to stop and wait for an ambulance, Mitchell said.
The father pulled into Iroquois Park and an ambulance took the girl from there to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead, Mitchell said.))
I am sorry to hear the little girl passed away, and my condolences to the family.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47