Sunday, October 31, 2010

Red Shirt Guy from BlizzCon

Biggest Nerd Ever? Red Shirt Guy kind of schools World of Warcraft
I'm a geek, a pop cultural geek, but even I can't beak the level of nerd this Red Shirt guy is on. They might as well crown him the king of Fanboys. Sadly, there is a guy exactly like him at my work, except the guy I know is skinny. We call him Halo-Reach-around, because he's a big Halo fan.
I kind of like that the Red Shirt Guy actually knows more about the WOW universe than the actual creators. I don't think he got any XP on that attack though. I love the reaction from the creators.
When I first heard his voice, I thought, “Man, this guy is never going to get a girlfriend.” I'll give him points for actually going up and asking questions and not being scared of the Nerd Backlash, but damn this video is funny.
Remixed Red Shirt Guy
The Red Shirt Guy made a response to his new found Nerd fame.
Was this an epic win or fail?  

4 comments:

MC said...

I've seen some of the foxy women who play World of Warcraft... I have a feeling he's got a shot. Granted, only 1/6th of the players there are female, but I am sure there is someone out there for him.

Semaj said...

I believe a certain Sasha Grey (or Ava Rose) plays WOW too. He might be able to "level up" with her now that he has a videogame character based on him.

yeah, WOW does seem to pass that nerd barrier into good looking and normal people playing more so than any other RPG or MMORPG

MC said...

Have you seen Mila Kunis on Jimmy Kimmel talking about it?

Semaj said...

No, I have to try to find that clip. Mila is very cute. Having a cute girl talking about Knights and Elves is just hot

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47