Saturday, October 09, 2010

Miley Cyrus “Who Owns my Heart”

Miley Cyrus “Who Owns my Heart”




I really don’t understand the entire hubbub over the new Miley Cyrus video. I’m more offended by the sheer generic sound of her newest song. It has the sound of the strange European dance beats that seem to infest today’s Top 20 radio stations. Miley’s voice is put through that same annoying auto-tune feature that Britney Spears relies on. And, and I find it strange that she’s let them put her voice through that program considering that she does have a respectable voice.

That is the biggest problem I have with current music trends. Everything sounds so bland and mundane that it all sounds the same. You could slap this thing on a Lady Gaga album and no one would know the wiser.

I find it troubling that these artists that otherwise are good singers trying to change their style to fit in with the robotic auto-tuned group of artists like Gaga and Kesha. The music video is bland just like the song, and it feels like Miley is channeling Kesha a bit in some scenes.

Miley, you’re better than this.

Grade: C-

Notes

-We have standard slow motion group dancing with sweaty people that’s in all these “Club” videos.

-Yes, it is a little strange to see her walking around in her underwear, when her wiki page says that she’s only 17. Can’t she wait one year before doing this sort of thing? I’m not trying to side with the stupid Parents Television Council, but come on. Miley, you’re trying too hard.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47