Monday, October 11, 2010

Dear Netflix,

Dear Netflix,
After switching to your service for about two months, I've come to really love it. I've seen a lot of movies through your mail in service, and I've been flying through Babylon 5's seasons 3-4 like crazy on instant cue.
But, you made me turn my head in confusion when I logged onto your service today. Based on my interest in Police Academy 5 and World's Greatest Dad, you suggested I watch Jackass 2.5. Uh, I hate that show. I'm not a fan of either Johnny Knoxville or Steve-O because they both annoy me. I've never watch their TV show fully or seen their movies. I will not see Jackass 3D either.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of Raunchy Comedies, but suggesting Jackass is just plain wrong.
Thanks, 

7 comments:

MC said...

I was just watching the Daily Show... apparently Jackass 3D opened tonight at the MoMA.

Semaj said...

I know it going to be a huge opening and the 3d might be interesting for some, but just not my cup of tea.

Are you planning on seeing it?

MC said...

I am probably going to see it on DVD or cable... not in 3D, just for the spectacle of it.

Mayren said...

funny. i agree the suggestions are pretty off base.

Semaj said...

MC: It might be in 3D on TV, but I not sure about DVD. I'm guessing there will be puke and other brown type matter hurling around in 3D

Mayren: They gave me a few more suggestions that made me go "Huh". I think the Police Academy thing is what's doing it because I watched like three of them in a row.

MC said...

See, whenever I have a recommendation engine telling me things I should like, it gets it wrong, wrong, wrong. I am battling my Youtube recommendations at the moment because it keep recommending videos based on a single one I watched, rather than the massive numbers of others which provide a much better view of the kind of stuff I like.

Semaj said...

Interestingly enough, nearly all my suggestions for youtube are Space Church videos, probably because I've watched more of those vids for my paper

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47