Saturday, August 29, 2009

Anything Goes

Anything Goes

I remember watching Temple of Doom when I was younger and loving the opening musical with Kate Capshaw. In this sequel/prequel, I loved the total departure the opening was compared to Raiders of the Lost Ark. They decided to do a big musical, which I thought was a big gamble.

Looking at this clip, it reminds me of the times when Lucas and Steven Spielberg were still good at their jobs.

Things to notice

-Watch as the Paramount Logo morphs into the gong. That was brilliant.

-Just as Kate Capshaw raises her hands the “Harrison Ford” appears above her hands. It makes it look like she is holding the title cards.

-The Indiana Jones title card is shown behind Capshaw and she even blocks some of the letters.

-I love how Capshaw sings in both Mandarin and English. Capshaw is good in the opening scene, but is annoying in the rest of the movie.

-The whole opening is pretty amazing.

Here’s a Flash Mob version of that song.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47